Thursday 28 May 2020

Sweetheart Cheesecake



I can’t believe that another month has already flown by. It’s June in a few days! All the days have really been blending together and now with the kitchen being worked on, it seems like it has been a very long time since I last baked anything or had a kitchen to use.

A little while back, I think it was for Easter, I made my chocolate cheesecake, or Sweetheart cheesecake. I hadn’t made it in ages but I had a craving and I thought it might be a yummy dessert for an isolating Easter dinner and it definitely was. It was so good, yet another cake that I could eat for breakfast, haha. So take a look below and see how I made Sweetheart cheesecake and try one out while you isolate and to ring in the month of June!  

Sweetheart Cheesecake Recipe

Crust:
1 cup of graham wafers
3-3  ½ tsp. of cocoa powder
2 tbsp. of sugar
3-3 ½ tsp. of melted butter

Filling:
3 pkgs. (250g) of cream cheese
1 cup of sugar
3eggs
½ cup of cocoa powder
Whipping cream for the top

Combine the crumbs along with the sugar, butter, and cocoa. 


Mix well and press into 1.5 l spring form pan. I suggest lining the bottom with parchment paper first.


Now in your mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Then beat in the sugar gradually.


Now add in the eggs one at a time at a low speed.


Add in cocoa and beat until smooth.


Pour into the prepared pan and bake at 325 degrees for about 40 minutes. It usually take a few minutes longer. You want it to be moist-ish but not dry and cracked. Mine does always tend to crack but I hide it with whipped cream and it’s fine.


Allow it to cool. I like to make this the day before. This cake is best served nice and cold. You can top it with whipped cream and berries (strawberries and raspberries are the best). I also added on some white chocolate shavings for an extra added touch.




No comments:

Post a Comment