Friday 1 May 2015

DIY Mother's Day Card


Hi there everybody. Happy May Day!

Today the focus continues to be on mom. We are going to do a DIY Mother’s Day card from scratch, so get in crafting mode and let’s start right away. I have chosen a purple and kraft theme for my card because I think that’s what my mom will like but you can go for any colour combination that you like!

A Card for Mom

Gather your supplies...

  • Heating tool 
  • Embossing powder (I chose the sparkly kind)
  • A stamp (Mine says “Happy Mother’s Day)
  • Ink (I picked “Iris” by Color Box)
  • Ribbon (I decided to go with a dark chocolaty brown)
  • Kraft card which is 6 ¾ x 4 ¾ inches
  • A layer of dark purple cardstock 6x4 inches
  • A layer of lighter purple cardstock 2 ½ x 1 ¾ inches and then a strip of the same colour 6 x ¾ inch
  • A layer of white cardstock 1 ¾ x 2 ¼ inch
  • Finally to finish off the card three hand punched hearts (I picked one of the dark purple and two Krafts) 
  • Glue tape
Step 1


Cut all your cardstock to the appropriate sizes. I find it is so much easier to pre-cut everything instead of cutting as you go, but that’s just me. 



Step 2
Stamp and emboss your words onto the white layer and heat with the heating tool. Flatten under some heavy books.



Step 3

Glue the flattened words onto the layer of light purple cardstock.



Step 4

Glue the strip of brown ribbon in the center of the light purple strip and then glue everything onto the dark purple layer. * Refer to the next two steps for the layout of the card and how the layers should be glued.



Step 5 

Space out your hearts and glue them over the ribbon and light purple strip. 




Step 6 

Here’s the finished product. Hopefully it puts a smile on your mom’s face on Mother’s Day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment