Friday 31 October 2014

Halloween Cookies



“Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story.” – Mason Cooley


Today is Halloween. I have to admit it’s not my favorite holiday however it’s growing on me and I’m not as much of a Halloween scrooge this year, haha. 

I tried out a Halloween cookie recipe that I’ll post here today. I made Nicole’s famous sugar cookies in the shape of ghosts (we posted the recipe in February for Valentine’s Day) and I also tested a brand new chocolate sugar cookie recipe with fudgy frosting and I made them in the shape of bats. We’ve all tried them here at my house and they are a success! 
 
Enjoy the cookies and don’t eat too much candy!

Samantha


Chocolate Sugar Cookies

1 cup butter
2 cups white sugar
3 eggs
3 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
10 tbsp. cocoa powder

Cream butter and sugar; add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Mix in the vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Wrap dough in saran wrap and chill for 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Divide dough in half. Roll out each half to 1/4 inch thick. Cut with desired shaped cookie cutters ( I used Halloween themed shapes). Place on lightly greased cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes.

Fudge Frosting

1/3 cup baking chocolate
6 tbsp. milk
3 cups confectioners sugar
6 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. Set aside.

Warm the milk until boiling. Add the confectioners sugar all at once and whisk until smooth. Cool until luke warm.

Cream the butter. Add salt and vanilla then gradually add the sugar mix. Beat until smooth.

Add chocolate. Beat until smooth and shiny. 

Refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment