Friday 9 January 2015

Colour of the Year 2015



“Marsala enriches our mind, body and soul, exuding confidence and stability. Marsala is a subtly seductive shade, one that draws us into its embracing warmth.” -Leatrice Eiseman Executive Director, Pantone Color Institute 

 It’s that time of the year. Yes, we are doing our blog post on the colour of the year for 2015 which is Marsala. I love the idea of having a colour of the year. Up until last year, I had no idea what so ever that this even existed, but I am glad that it does because it is so cool.

This year’s colour is completely different from last year’s Orchid Purple. Pantone’s website describes Marsala as “A naturally robust and earthy wine red, Marsala enriches our minds, bodies and souls.” It’s a very deep and rich colour that to me, seems very warm and elegant. This colour would look amazing as a shade of nail polish, perfect for the toes. I hope that this year we can utilize the colour of the year in lots of our new card designs.

I have picked out some neat examples of Marsala for you. I went with a theme of “an evening out.” I picked some gowns and shoes, make-up, and accessories all in the shade of Marsala. Think of it as my ideas for Oscars ensembles for 2015!

Be sure to take a look at Nicole’s awesome Marsala picks as well.

Enjoy!

Gowns:



Shoes:

 Make-up:

 Bags:



Accessories and Jewelry:



I decided to go with more of a “home dĂ©cor” theme for my picks of Marsala coloured items. Even just a few simple things in this lovely shade can make your home feel more up to date and fashionable. -Nicole

Kitchen:




Lighting:



Furniture:




Accessories:




No comments:

Post a Comment