Friday 18 October 2013

Cold and Flu Remedies



“I like to call in sick to work at places where I’ve never held a job. Then when the manager tells me I don’t work there, I tell them I’d like to. But not today, as I’m sick.” - Jarod Kintz

Cold and flu season is here! I have been sick for over a week now; it keeps dragging on and on! I have been super tired and not able to do much. I have been thinking about Christmas card ideas though while laying here on the couch watching old movies. 

I’m definitely one for home remedies for when I’m sick. I’ve decided to share a few of them with everyone this week, so if you’re sick...try some of these!

Samantha

Lemon Drink:
Squeeze half of a lemon into a mug that’s approximately one cup and then add 1 tsp. of honey, boiling water, and stir. If it’s too sour add more honey.


Don Qua Soup:
Don Qua is a Chinese melon that we boil and make soup out of when we are sick. This soup definitely makes you feel better and it only has two ingredients. You just chop up the melon and take out the seeds, add it to a about 16 cups of water in a large pot, and then boil for 3 hours. Drink the liquid and the melon meat and you’ll feel a lot better.


Gargling:
Add a couple of teaspoons of salt or baking soda in a glass of warm water and then gargle. It really does help a sore throat. 


Sleepy Time Milk:
I know that dairy is not the best thing for mucus but sometimes when you’re sick and tired you just need something to warm you up and help you sleep. I mix one cup of skim milk with one teaspoon of honey, a teaspoon of vanilla, and a sprinkle of cinnamon to make my bedtime milk. Just warm the milk until bubbling then stir in the honey and vanilla and then sprinkle the cinnamon on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment