Friday 6 September 2013

Birthday Themes



“Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.” - Reverend Larry Lorenzoni


I've decided to stick with the birthday theme for the next few weeks of blogging because I know so many people who have had a birthday or will be having a birthday in the next few weeks. A couple of weeks ago I had my 24th birthday and next week Nicole will have hers! It is also my mom's birthday this weekend so there are some exciting birthdays coming up that I get to help celebrate. 

I'm a theme girl. Each year I pick a theme for my birthday gatherings and then Nicole and I come up with decorations, food, games, and things to do all pertaining to that theme. In recent years, we've had a Circus theme, an Around the World theme, a Tea Party theme, a Singin’ in the Rain theme, and a Love/Hearts theme. 

I've picked a few of our favourite decorations that we have created to share with everyone this week.

Enjoy!

Samantha 

For the Tea Party, Singin’ in the Rain, and Love/Hearts themes we made mobiles. We basically picked some appropriate cardstock colours and cut shapes from them and hung them up after stringing them together.


 For the Around the World theme, we created these very fun and cute “passports.”


I always love giving out favours to those who attend my parties and for the Around the World Party we made these simple and very pretty “friends” bags. For the Tea Party theme we designed boxes with stenciled designs and cardstock cut outs.












Also for the tea party theme we made labels and packaged Earl Grey tea for favours. We also made these flower candy holders/decorations by tracing a flower image on cardstock and then attaching a mini cupcake holder. Also we created tea cup name cards, flower hair pins, and little gift cards.






No comments:

Post a Comment