Friday 20 September 2013

Children's Books




“There are many little ways to enlarge your child’s world. Love of books is best of all.” – Jacqueline Kennedy

Starting this week we are going to have a book theme to our blog posts for the next three weeks. Both of us love reading and collecting books and we have many favourites, so we are going to break down the posts into three categories, children’s books, series, and favourite novels. 

For the first week we are focusing on our favourite children’s books. Even though we are older now, we still love to pick up a children’s book every now and then to reminisce. I even go to the kids section at the bookstore and read all of the new children’s books every now and then. 

Growing up, my mom would read to my brother and me every night. We would read the then current children’s books but we would also read kid’s books that my parents read when they were little, so some of my favourites are quite old. I always loved going to my elementary school’s library to take out picture books and for story time. In no special order, here are a few of my favourites:
Make Way for Ducklings, Where the Wild Things Are, Richard Scary books, Oh, the Places You'll Go, the Madeline series, The Story About Ping, Something From Nothing, Love You Forever, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, and Sylvester and the Magic Pebble.

Samantha 


 

I too love children’s books. Growing up my mom would take me and my brother to the public library every couple of weeks and we would bring home as many picture books as the library would let us, which I think was about 60! We’d spend hours reading and pouring over the pictures. One of my very favourites is Kate’s Castle by Julie Lawson, I love the poetic nature of the story and all the wonderful illustrations. Here are a few more of my childhood favourites (in no particular order): Peter Spier’s Rain, the Amelia Bedelia books, The Berenstain Bears books, the Angelina Ballerina series, the Katie Morag series, Stephanie’s Ponytail (and other books by Robert Munsch), Mickey meets the Giant (a Disney book), Belle’s Journey. - Nicole




No comments:

Post a Comment