Friday 9 August 2013

Classic Movies



“After all...tomorrow is another day” – Scarlett O’Hara from Gone with the Wind

That quote by Scarlett O’Hara has definitely gotten me through some rough times, that’s for sure. 

This week Nicole and I took a couple of days off from crafting and we celebrated the B.C Day holiday by watching Gone with the Wind. Nicole had never seen the classic film before so we had a good old fashioned slumber party and made popcorn and had snacks and watched the movie from start to finish, all four hours! I love Gone with the Wind, but it is rare that I have the time to watch it all at once, so it was a nice treat to see it all in full again. 

Both Nicole and I love to watch old movies. Classic films have always been my favorite, there’s just something about them that makes me happy. I studied film at University and I find that there is so much to learn from the classic films; you can re-watch them over and over and always find new things to discuss, analyze, and learn from.

We decided to devise a top 20 list, which wasn't easy since we love so many old movies, of our must see classic films with hopes that you will throw one on one night and become classic movie buffs just like us! 

Samantha 

Our Top 20 (in no particular order):
  • Some Like it Hot
  • A Place in the Sun
  • Pal Joey
  • Gypsy
  • From Here to Eternity
  • Dear Heart
  • Gidget
  • An Affair to Remember
  • Gigi
  • Hello Down There
  • Father Goose
  • Sabrina
  • Guys and Dolls
  • Meet Me in St. Louis
  • The Sound of Music
  • Seven Brides for Seven  Brothers
  • The Harvey Girls
  • Singin' in the Rain
  • The Parent Trap (Original)
  • My Fair Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment