Friday 12 January 2018

Crafting with the Colour of the Year






We are still in the Ultraviolet mood so we came up with a
fun quick and easy craft to keep it with you all year long. I had so much fun coming up with little bookmarks for the craft fair that I thought I’d come up with one that utilizes shades of purple. I made sure to get in the Ultraviolet shade which is the base of the bookmark that has a nice blue undertone to it.

This is a super easy craft to do especially if you have scrap pieces of cardstock and pre-punched and stamped shapes.

I took a piece of dark purple cardstock. Make it whatever length and width that you wish. Mine was shorter and not too wide.

Then I glue taped a strip of a lighter shade of purple and then an even lighter greyish pastel purple strip over that.

I punched out two purplish greyish blue one inch circles and then one about two inches for the center. I then glued them on evenly.

Lastly, I had a dark blue stamped and embossed flower which I glued on the middle circle. I thought blue would look nice amongst all of the purples plus it really brings out the blue tone from the darkest purple.

We also thought that we’d look through to find our purplest cards that we have made and share those with you in honour of Ultraviolet. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment