Friday 8 December 2017

Christmas Tradition #6 - Advent Calendars





It’s another week closer to Christmas so we have another Christmas tradition post ready for you. Something that I looked forward to when I was little was getting an Advent Calendar. I don’t get them anymore, but the other day as I was looking at various ads for Christmas items, I saw so many cool grown up Advent Calendars so I thought I’d take a look at the tradition.  

Advent Calendars were first created by Gerhard Lang in the early 1900’s. It was featured in a newspaper as a gift to the readers and it was made of 24 coloured pictures that were attached to cardboard. Eventually, he added little doors to the pictures which is what we see in most of the Advent Calendars that we have today.   

Nowadays there are so many types of Advent Calendars so take a look below and see the different ones that we found.

This is the type that I like. It’s a makeup Advent Calendar with a different product each day. Many different brands will have one so look for your favourite beauty brand and treat yourself. 

  
I didn’t realize that this type existed, but now I have to plan better and get myself a nail polish Advent Calendar for next year and I can try a different colour every day. 


For a tea lover, this one is perfect. You can taste test a different tea each day up until Christmas and there’s enough to share with someone special. If you’re a coffee fan then there’s also coffee varieties available by different companies as well.
Beer every day could be a very interesting lead up to Christmas. 
This is the most traditional advent calendar. Open up a window each day up until Christmas day and get a delicious treat.

If you’re willing to splurge then try this calendar which has 12 days of stud earring by top jewelry brands! This is my type of calendar.
Marshmallows with different flavors, mmmmmm, so good.

 Pork cracklings. This one could be very very interesting. You have to have a pork lover to give this one to or an adventurous foodie.

Who doesn’t love cheese? This one will give you a taste of a different cheese each day.

 This is a fun one for kids of all ages. It’s a Play-Doh Advent Calendar. You’ll open up the doors to find a different moulding tool or colour of Play-Doh to play with.
This one is cool and something that you can keep for years to come. It is a wooden tree with little doors that you can fill up with things for your loved ones each year. You can do a different theme each year! You can make or buy reusable Advent Calendars so that you can fill it yourself each year with something different.


If you have a sweet tooth or baker in mind then this is a perfect calendar for them. It has different jellies and preserves each day for them to experiment with and try out. 


This is seriously a cool calendar...it’s a Lego Advent that includes Legos and accessories for each day leading up to Christmas.

There are even ones for pets. This one is for a dog but they have ones for cats and other animals as well.

I’m sure there are so many other types of Advent Calendars out there. I was amazed as I looked to find these ones at how many cool ones there are out there to satisfy everyone’s wants and needs. I definitely think that the beauty products ones are very, very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment