Friday 13 May 2016

Perfecting the Wedding Day Look

Happy Friday!

We are getting close to Nicole’s wedding...it’s tomorrow! We didn’t have time to post last week but we made a post about hair and makeup so I thought I would share that with you today. We have been so busy with last minute prep work for the wedding and last Friday we perfected the hair and makeup. This is what we did…

From last Friday…We have been practicing the hair and makeup lots and tonight is our last night of perfecting the hair.

The makeup is pretty much decided for all of us. We just have to time it all (it’ll take roughly 20-30min per face) The bridesmaids are going with sparkly browns and golds for the eyes and the bride, as you would have seen in one of our recent posts, will be having a brown/light pink look for her eyes.

We are all going to have our hair in curls. Nicole and the other bridesmaid have thicker hair so it can hold the curls longer which is nice because I have the opposite, very fine hair that doesn’t hold curls very long at all.

For the bride’s hair, we have put some styling product in it before we begin because we noticed that it really helps with the curls. Then I separated her hair with lots of clips and start curling away. I’ve basically separated her hair in half and then separated the top from the bottom, hopefully that makes sense. We tried different sized barrels when it came to the curling irons and decided on this one inch one.




Too little was giving her intense curls and too big was giving her too loose curls that weren’t lasting. I’m going to curl her hair the night before the wedding with tighter curls and no hairspray because she likes the curl the next day after it has been slept on, so that makes my wedding day job so much easier because her hair takes about an hour to curl! The next morning I will pull it back and then add in the hairspray and the veil.


I think I’ll do the same half up half down for the other bridesmaid’s hair, but for me and my fine hair, I may have to clip it on one side or just leave it down because when it’s pulled back it can start looking really thin and straggly as the day goes on and I don’t want to ruin the pictures! From our practice last week it looks like if I use a smaller barrel curling iron and curl it tight, it’ll hold as long as I put some styling product in it first. I may not want as much hairspray as I thought either because that will weigh down my hair a bit and it’ll come loose too quick.




Also, we tried out earrings during our hair practice, your hairstyle can actually make a difference to what earrings look good. For me I’m sticking to sparkly studs and Nicole will have drop longer earrings which suit her dress, hair, and style the best.


Finishing off our wedding day look, was that we all went to have pedicures (all three of us ended up with different shades of light purple). Nicole and I get gel polish on our nails as well. It is amazing. It’s so durable.


Enjoy our last wedding day prep tutorial. It’s game day tomorrow and I will let you all know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment