Saturday 21 May 2016

Just Married...




Happy Saturday. Yes, I know I am a day behind on the blog post, but it was a very busy and tired post wedding week. We have a long weekend here in B.C. so I can catch up on my sleep and relax a bit. It is weird not having wedding related tasks to help my best friend with; I’m gonna miss it.

Anyways, let’s talk wedding day! It was a beautiful and perfect wedding day. I can’t believe that it has come and gone already a week ago. The bride was stunningly beautiful and both bride and groom were so happy and so in love. Her dress, made especially for her by a family friend was perfect and looked amazing. The day started out bright and sunny and very very early, at least for a Saturday. We had a girl’s breakfast and I did the hair and makeup which went very well. We stayed on schedule and there was no stress. The photographer was there to take pictures of our morning and she helped as much as she could as well, so that was nice. It was a very relaxing morning; I know it can be sometimes very overwhelming and stressful. The flowers came and they were gorgeous! It was so cool to hold a bouquet all day long that I didn’t want to put it down at all. The ceremony went smoothly also and so did the pictures. Then we had a little rest and enjoyed a delicious dinner at the reception. Now the bride and groom are off on a romantic honeymoon. Lucky!

All of the planning, practice, and prep paid off. I hope you enjoyed all of the wedding prep posts. They were so much fun to do especially since they were for an actual wedding.

P.S. We got our nails done a few days before the wedding. All of us chose shades of purple for our toes and Nicole and I got gel nails polish on our finger nails. We both opted for light colours; she went with a very sheer natural peachy colour and I went with sparkly pink of course. Ladies, the gel nail polish is still going strong. This stuff is amazing. I use my hands a lot and chip my finger nail polish on the first day and get smudges, but not with the gel polish. I have done so many things with my hands and not one chip, smudge, or imperfection and it has been over a week and a half. I highly recommend getting the gel polish done for your wedding or anytime really. It is worth it and it looks so nice. There were 300 colours to pick from so I’m sure there is a colour for everyone out there. I can’t wait to try it again!




No comments:

Post a Comment