Friday 30 October 2015

Halloween Treats



This week is Halloween. I have to admit that it is growing on me a bit more each year, but I am still not a huge fan of super scary things and dressing up. Spooky is ok, but not scary, haha. One thing I do like about Halloween is the candy. I tend not to feel as bad about eating all of the treats because they are in small packets; that means less calories, right? Haha. Anyways, I thought that we’d share some of our favorite Halloween treats this week with you plus I have a recipe for you that is so easy. It is one of my favorite candy bars, but it’s homemade so it is a little bit better for you. I had a craving the other night and had to have them right away and since then I have made a few batches of these crunch bars. So give the recipe a try and have a Happy Halloween!



Homemade Crunch Bars

24 ounces (3 cups) of chocolate chips – you can use dark, milk, white, or semi-sweet, up to you

1 ¾ cups of Rice Crispies

Prepare a 9x13 pan by placing a piece of parchment paper inside; it helps with removing the chocolate and it also makes for a quick and easy cleanup.

Melt the chocolate in a large microwavable bowl/measuring cup/container for about 2 minutes. Check every 30 seconds or so to make sure that the chocolate doesn’t burn because that would be bad.

Once the chocolate is melted, pour the Rice Crispies in and stir until they are all mixed in and coated. Spread evenly in your prepared pan. Put in the freeze for 20 minutes and then into the fridge for about 10 minutes. Cut to the size that you would like and enjoy! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment