Thursday 29 May 2014

Fairy Tales



“If I’m honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all.” – Audrey Hepburn 

This Friday Disney’s Maleficent is coming into theaters. It may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I am really excited to see it. I’ve seen trailers for it and have read many things about it and I’m intrigued and truly can’t wait to watch it.
 This week in the blog I thought it would be neat to look at fairy tales, whether it be fairy tale movies or the fairy tales themselves. 
 
No matter how old I am I still enjoy reading fairy tales. Maybe it’s because a lot of the time they are about Princesses finding true love and everyone lives happily ever after or maybe it’s because they are magical fantasy stories. Even though fairy tales are happy and exciting for the most part, they also freaked me out when I was little because there is always a scary villain in them. As I’ve grown up, I think that the villains interest me the most because I want to find out why and how they became the scary villains that we all know and I think that’s why Maleficent has caught my attention.


I’ve always found it interesting as well to see how the written fairy tales change when we see them on the screen. So check out our list of favorite fairy tales and maybe give them a read and then watch the film versions and see how the stay the same or change. 

Enjoy, 

Samantha 

Favorite Fairy Tales:

Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp
Alice in Wonderland
Beauty and the Beast
Cinderella
The Frog Prince
Hansel and Gretel
Little Red Riding Hood
The Little Mermaid
The Princess and the Pea
Rapunzel
Rumpelstiltskin
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Thumbelina

 

No comments:

Post a Comment