Thursday 21 November 2013

Gift Ideas



“On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me: five Golden Rings, four Calling Birds, three French Hens, two Turtle Doves, and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.” – Frederic Austin

Christmas is really not that far away which is a little stressful because I haven’t done any Christmas shopping yet! Most years I say that I will be on top of things and get all of my shopping done throughout the year but who am I kidding, that never happens. We’ve decided to put together some gift ideas for the important people in your lives. 
 
When you are little it is always fun to get toys and things that you can use right away and play with. I personally love to get little stuffed animals for younger kids and cute picture books. For my friend’s little girl I do like to get clothes, but let’s face it...most kids hate getting clothes on Christmas morning. I like to buy board games and craft activities also, for example, I found this really cool cardboard castle at Michaels that you colour and decorate yourself, such a cool thing!




When it comes to older friends and family I like to find things that are unique and specific for them. I’m big on giving calendars according to personalities. I also like to get useful things for the home and things that allow others to pamper themselves. Movies are always fun to give as well. I’m also really getting into the idea of giving an experience rather than material things. I think giving a manicure or a spa treatment, a ticket to a show, or an “activity” can be so much more fun and can allow you to create more memories than just handing over a gift. 


Those are just some of my thoughts on Christmas gift giving this year. Hopefully I've given out some useful ideas!

Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment