Friday 4 March 2016

Oscar Dresses and Card



This past weekend was the Oscar awards. As you know, I love watching all the movies in preparation of the Oscars and then guessing the winners; there were a few surprises this year for sure, so I wasn’t 100% with my guessing. I wasn’t feeling so well this past weekend, but watching the Oscars and looking at all of the dresses made me feel a bit bitter.  The dresses were quite tame this year; there weren’t any outrageous dresses but there were a few that stood out and were gorgeous. Here are a few dresses that we liked and then at the end we’ll tell you the dress that we picked for our Oscar dress card and share with you a picture or two! 


Saoirse Ronan – This dress was my absolute favorite. It is so gorgeous and pretty and a little bit sexy and it has sparkle. It has all of the perfect elements of an Oscar gown. She said that she had this dress made in honor of her homeland, Ireland so it has special meaning too. The intricate beading really makes this dress pop! Love it.


Brie Larson – Brie Larson’s royal blue dress was so delicate and flowy. It was my number two pick when it came to dresses. It looked perfect on her and got well deserved attention when she won the Best Actress award. The sparkly embellished belt finished off the dress perfectly.


Cate Blanchett - Not everyone can pull of this colour or this type of dress, but Cate Blanchett looked amazing in it. Her skin tone was beautiful against this dress. From afar it was so pretty, but I even saw some close ups and it was just amazing to look at. Those are actually feathers and beads she has on the dress to make the flowers. I wish I could wear this dress it is beautiful and such a nice and soft shade of blue.

Alicia Vikander – Her win was one of the big surprises of the evening and her dress was a pleasant surprise as well. Alicia Vikander looked like a princess in this dress, Belle in particular. It was just enough princess dress without being too overwhelmingly poofy.


Emily Blunt – Emily Blunt presented the first award of the evening. I couldn’t take my eyes of off her dress. She was absolutely glowing in her light pink dress. I loved it. I thought that it was so dainty and sweet and soft. It was the perfect choice for her to show off her baby bump.

 
Tina Fey – I think we all know why Nicole liked this dress...it is very purple! This dress is elegant yet very simple and looked so good on Tina Fey. It had enough brightness and flare to stand out but it didn’t take away from all of the nominated ladies who were showing off their Oscar dresses. 



Here is our very blue and "flowy" card. Yes, we chose the dress worn by Brie Larson as our favourite and we made a card to reflect that dress. We hope you enjoy it. Happy weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment